Fantasy Baseball Quick Picks for Friday
by Anthony Mrozik, Buffalo Sports Page Fantasy Baseball Expert
Friday, we begin players weekend. Continue reading for some of my favorite picks.
Hitters to Target
- Kyle Schwarber OF Chicago Cubs at Philadelphia – Schwarber is facing right hander Jerad Eickoff today in Philadelphia. Eickoff has given up 9 Home Runs to left handed batters this year who are also batting .302/.373/.496 against him. Schwarber is batting .254 with 4 Home Runs and 7 RBI’s during the month of August.
- Kolten Wong 2B St Louis Versus Tampa Bay – Wong is batting .392 with 15 RBI’s and 17 Runs scored during August. He is also starting to run as he had 2 SB versus San Diego on Wednesday.
- Josh Harrison 2B Pittsburgh at Cincinnati – Harrison is batting .291 with 5 Home Runs and 14 RBI’s during the month of August. He is also batting .348 with 3 Home Runs and 5 RBI’s this season versus Cincinnati.
Pitchers to Target
- Chad Bettis Colorado at Atlanta – Bettis has posted a 1.93 ERA and 1.07 WHIP during the month of August. He has a 0.00 ERA versus Atlanta this year.
- Justin Verlander Detroit at Chicago White Sox – Verlander has lowered his ERA from 4.96 to 3.96 during his last 10 starts. In August, he has 33 strikeouts in 29 innings with a 2.48 ERA and 0.72 WHIP.
- Kendall Graveman Oakland Versus Texas – Graveman has a 2.97 ERA and 1.35 WHIP at home this year. He has had success against Texas this year and his last 2 outings have been quality starts.
Stacks to Target
- Detroit Tigers at Chicago White Sox – The Tigers face Miguel Gonzalez at Guaranteed Rate Field. Gonzalez has a 4.70 ERA and surrendered 3 Home Runs during his last start against the Tigers this year.
Click here to read more of Anthony’s Fantasy Baseball expertise.