Fantasy Baseball Quick Picks for Thursday
by Anthony Mrozik, Buffalo Sports Page
Thursday, we have a limited schedule of games. Continue reading for some of my favorite picks.
Hitters to Target
- Jake Lamb 3B Arizona at New York Mets – Lamb is batting .299 with a .402 OPS against right handers this year. He is facing right hander Rafael Montero who has a 5.47 ERA and 1.73 WHIP in 2017.
- Josh Bell 1B Pittsburgh Versus Los Angeles Dodgers – Bell is batting .354 with 2 Home runs and 17 RBI’s during the month of August. He is facing Hyun-Jin Ryu who has struggled to throw strikes in his past two starts.
- C.J. Cron Los Angeles Angels Versus Texas – Cron is batting .299 with 5 Home Runs and 13 RBI’s during the month of August while receiving regular playing time. He is much better at home. He is facing Martin Perez who has struggled this year with a 5.26 ERA and 1.57 WHIP and who has surrendered 17 Home Runs to right handed batters.
Pitchers to Target
- Robbie Ray Arizona at New York Mets – This is Ray’s first start coming off the disabled list. He made one minor league rehab start where he struck out 11 batters in 4.2 innings. Prior to being placed on the disabled list he had a 3.11 ERA and a 151:58 K:BB ratio through 118.2 innings.
- Jose Berrios Minnesota at Chicago White Sox – His last start against Zack Greinke and Arizona was dominant. Berrios allowed 2 hits in 7 innings and struck out 7 while not allowing a run.
- Alex Cobb Tampa Bay Versus Toronto – Cobb is returning from the disabled list and in his last start allowed 1 run in 6 innings. For the season, he has a 3.80 ERA and 1.22 WHIP. At home in 2017 his ERA is 2.49.
Stacks to Target
- Los Angeles Angels Versus Texas Rangers – The Angels are at home facing Martin Perez. Perez has struggled this year with allowing Home Runs and throwing strikes.