By Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
Buffalo Sabres announcer Rick Jeanneret is a Buffalo legend and icon. His calls resonate in every Sabres fan’s memory. But sports comedian Jeff Wozer discovered that he is not always as cheerful as he is on the air. Here are Jeanneret’s top pet peeves:
• Rues the day he let the Pegula’s talk him into renting his basement to Brian Duff.
• Never involved in the decision-making process in selecting the Carubba Collision of the Game.
• Dan Dunleavy always returns his borrowed headphone mic covered with Old Spice hair gel.
• Always asked on road trips to check the team into its hotel with the hope of getting senior rates.
• NHL Hall of Fame shared his personal information with Bed, Bath & Beyond.
• 7 PM start times conflict with Wheel of Fortune.
• Bobblehead doll looks more like Phil Donahue after an allergic reaction.
• Terry Pegula always refers to him as “Murph.”
• Can’t find a turtleneck in turquoise.
• Due to a non-disclosure agreement can’t comment on longstanding rumor Mayor Brown moonlights as Sabretooth.
• WGR won’t let him change signature line “Top shelf where Momma hides the cookies” to “Top shelf where Momma hides the Prozac.”
Here’s Jeff Wozer’s top things overhead during this week’s Super Bowl Media day.