Top Signs Buffalo Bills Tight End Nick O’Leary is the Grandson of Golfing Legend Jack Nicklaus
by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
Bills fans already know this. If not, they are reminded every week during the national TV broadcast. Tight end Nick O’Leary is the grandson of golfing legend Jack Nicklaus. Sports comedian Jeff Wozer has discovered some character traits that Nick has picked up from his grandfather.
- Only signs autographs with small pencils.
- During games played in the rain enters huddle holding an umbrella.
- On errant Tyrod Taylor passes instinctively screams “fore!”
- During weekly team Bible reading gatherings he only talks about St. Andrew.
- After every game feels weird need to sign the score sheet.
- Rides to games in an Uber golf cart driven by Fluff.
- Wears a Golden Bear jockstrap.
- After games he always takes off his helmet before shaking hands with opposing players.
- Only NFL player to have ever skinny dipped in Augusta’s Rae’s Creek.
- Shot a 41 at Brighton Golf Course using a croquet mallet.
- Bills’ kicker Stephen Hauschka asked him before every kick to stop yelling, “Get in the hole!”
- Only player to wear Footjoy soft spikes.
- During games instead of Gatorade drinks Arnie Palmers.
For more of Jeff’s humorous observations on Buffalo sports, visit his author’s section at Buffalo Sports Page.