Mock Draft (Make sure to click on the video link first!)
by Kevin Sylvester, Buffalo Sports Page
1. Cleveland Browns—Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming.
Do the Browns ever get top pick QB’s right?
2. NY Giants —Bradley Chubb, DE, NC State.
I think they can trade down (not to the Bills) a few spots and still get him.
3. NY Jets — Sam Darnold, QB, USC.
Safest picks of the QB’s will give the Jets what will seem like 8 QB’s on their roster.
4. Cleveland Browns —Saquon Barkley, RB, Penn State.
Can’t pass on the top rated prospect.
5. Denver Broncos — Josh Rosen, QB, UCLA.
Forget the past picks by Elway, Rosen’s arm is tantalizing.
6. Indianapolis Colts — Quenton Nelson, G, Notre Dame.
Have to protect Andrew Luck.
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers —Derwin James, S, Florida State.
Take in-state kid to bolster secondary.
8. Chicago Bears—Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame.
Good job by Jeff Quinn have 2 of his position players drafted in top 10.
9. San Francisco 49ers —Roquan Smith, LB, Georgia.
He’s the player the Bills need at MLB.
10. Oakland Raiders —Minkah Fitzpatrick, S, Alabama.
Chucky knows he needs secondary help to stop the Rams.
11. Miami Dolphins—Vita Vea, DT, Washington.
Need some help to replace Suh.
12. Buffalo Bills—Baker Mayfield, QB, Oklahoma.
Get the 4th QB in the draft, and maybe the best. I love that he’s cocky.
13. Washington Redskins—Tremaine Edmunds, LB, Virginia Tech.
This could be way too low for this player.
14. Green Bay Packers—Marcus Davenport, DE, UTSA.
Some raw ability, but Rodgers needs the defense to help out.
15. Arizona Cardinals. — Denzel Ward, CB, Ohio State.
The Cards need a QB, but hard to pass on the best CB in draft.
16. Baltimore Ravens—Mike Hughes, CB, UCF.
Stud for the real National Champions.
17. L.A. Chargers —Calvin Ridley, WR, Alabama.
Give Phillip Rivers a new target.
18. Seattle Seahawks. Josh Jackson, CB, Iowa.
Somebody has to replace Richard Sherman.
19. Dallas Cowboys. Da’Ron Payne, DT, Alabama.
The Boys were hoping Ridley would still be on the board
20. Detroit Lions. Maurice Hurst, DT, Michigan.
Coach Patricia goes defense in his first draft as head coach and gets to re-grow his beard.
21. Cincinnati Bengals—Donta Jackson, CB, LSU.
Tempting to take OL from Texas.
22. Buffalo Bills—Connor Williams, OT, Texas.
Tempting to take the center, Daniels, from Iowa here.
23. New England Patriots—Mason Rudolph, QB, Oklahoma St.
A new understudy for Tom Brady. Hope he likes kale.
24. Carolina Panthers—Taven Bryan, DT, Florida.
Need to fill the hole left by the Star that shot to Buffalo.
25. Tennessee Titans—Ron Jones II, RB, USC.
A big play back to help Mariotta.
26. Atlanta Falcons—DJ Moore, WR, Maryland.
Some help for Julio Jones.
27. New Orleans Saints—Lamar Jackson, QB, Louisville.
Sean Payton is the perfect guy, along wth Drew Brees to teach the explosive Jackson.
28. Pittsburgh Steeles—Rashaan Evans, LB, Alabama.
Running back also an option given Bell’s annual contract issue.
29. Jacksonville Jaguars—James Daniels, C, Iowa.
Regarded as one of the best center prospects in years.
30. Minnesota Vikings—Orlando Brown Jr, OT, Oklahoma.
Son of Zeus will help Vikings OL.
31. New England Patriots—Hayden Hurst, TE, South Carolina.
Gronk may become a movie star.
32. Philadelphia Eagles—Derrius Guice, RB, LSU.
Good workhorse RB.