by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
The World Juniors hockey tournament is back in Buffalo for the first time since 2011. It begins Tuesday, and features the USA-Canada outdoor game at New Era Field on Friday. Sports comedian Jeff Wozer found some rejected ideas for tourist attractions and events.
• Food trucks selling deep-fried Scajaquada Creek carp.
• Midnight snowshoe tours of Buffalo’s East Side.
• Canalside telescope viewing stands for peering into downtown Marriott windows.
• Sunrise yoga in an abandoned lot near Broadway & Fillmore with meteorologist Don Paul.
• Canada – US street hockey game on a downtown side street with a lot of potholes.
• War of 1812 reenactment featuring the USS Little Rock unloading its guns on Crystal Beach.
• Christmas light tour of Buffalo’s meth labs.
• Demolition Zamboni Derby.
• Doug Allen, without rehearsing, sings Slovakia’s national anthem.
• All games on Day 2 of tournament are played without lights.
• Meet and Greet Tent with former Buffalo Sabres player Dave Snuggerud.
For more humorous takes on Buffalo sports, visit Jeff’s author’s section at Buffalo Sports Page.