by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
The World Juniors hockey tournament is going strong in Buffalo, with the medal round games this week. But not all the out-of-town fans have been well behaved. Sports comedian Jeff Wozer checked the police blotters to find out how hockey fans are mis-behaving at the Championship Village.
• Police called to Zippo Warming Area to attend to a domestic dispute between Lauren Hall and Sabre Tooth.
• Rob Ray cited for selling kitchen countertops without proper vending permit. Said Ray, “Yeah, but it’s luxury you can afford.”
• Police called to Championship Headquarters tent to quell a verbal dispute between Cellino & Barnes.
• Lloyd’s Taco food truck driver ticketed for failing to yield to a mascot.
• Zamboni found behind Snowzilla completely stripped.
• Drunk Belarus fan arrested for making out with Shark Girl.
• Police called to investigate unlicensed souvenir vendor selling frozen catheter bags as curling stones.
• Generic food truck vendor cited for taking advantage of European visitors by claiming leaf on weck is a Buffalo specialty.
• Sabretooth arrested in Zippo Warming Area for not having a concealed t-shirt gun carry permit.
• Police called to Championship Headquarters tent after Ville Leino became irate when a Labatts Beer attendant refused to cash his annual $1.2 million check.