by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
There are plenty of Buffalo-themed sports books available in the Buffalo Library. Some, like Rob Ray’s autobiography, are big hits. Others, not so much. Sports humorist Jeff Wozer spent some time with the Dewey Decimal System and discovered which books haven’t been so popular.
• Dieting with Dareus: For Whom the Taco Bell Tolls
• Mayor Byron Brown’s Curling Tips for Beginners
• Pumping Iron with John Beard
• Marty Biron’s Drapes of Wrath and Other Home Decorating Mistakes
• Punch Imlach: My Secret Life as Promo the Robot
• Men are from Mars, Kim Pegula is From Fairport, New York.
• Shoeless Joe DeLamiellure’s Shower Stories
• How to Make Homemade Mouthguards From Plastic Found Floating Atop Scajaquada Creek
• King Kong Korab’s Christmas Crafts & Cutouts
• Don Cherry’s Dress for Success
• My Date With Destiny – What a Bitch: Ville Leino’s Buffalo Years
If your kid plays youth sports, you’ll recognize Jeff’s signs of a bad Little League coach.