by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
With the NFL Scouting Combine starting this week, the intrigue and speculation around the NFL Draft will kick in full bore. Draftniks love to read all the Mock Drafts they can. But sports comedian Jeff Wozer thinks that could be trouble.
Top Indications You Spend Way Too Much Time on Mock NFL Drafts
- You can’t name the mayor of Buffalo but you know the weights of every Alcorn State defensive back.
- At Starbucks you order a Kiper-cino.
- When shopping for a new car you ask how fast it goes in 40 seconds.
- During passionate moments with wife you ask to be called “Mel.”
- You write the following Yelp review for Office Depot: “Don’t waste your time. Store does not carry Big Draft Boards.”
- You know more about UCLA quarterback Josh Rosen than his parents.
- You’re dumbfounded that you’re the only member of Mel’s Mafia.
- NFL Combine organizers place a restraining order on you.
- Strongly believe Hillary would had won the Presidential election had she shared her vertical leap.
- Never once while listening to Mel Kiper have you ever thought, “Damn dude. Get a life.”
Also read Jeff’s take on how life will change for Buffalo’s Emily Pfalzer, an Olympic hockey gold medalist.