by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
Today, is NBC’s annual celebration of hockey in the United States. It’s “Hockey Day in America” featuring three games featuing U.S. based teams.
Sports humorist Jeff Wozer has uncovered some rejected promotional ideas for the celebration.
• NBC’s showcase game features the Canucks versus the Canadiens.
• Maroon 5’s Adam Levine sings the US national anthem with his shirt on.
• Tanya Harding whacks Mike Milbury’s knee with a crowbar.
• Chewbacca takes a DNA test to prove he’s not the father of Philadelphia mascot, Gritty.
• American players wear capes.
• Doc Emrick wears a “Make America Skate Again” hat.
• The hosts from “Myth Busters” test how long a canary can last in a hockey bag.
• In between periods Jeremy Roenick hits on Kathryn Tappen
• NBC announces a new Buffalo-based sit-com called “The Big Tank Theory.”