By Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
The hockey world gathered this weekend in San Jose, CA for the annual NHL All-Star Game. There was a skills competition, and the game. But there were other highlights, according to sports humorist Jeff Wozer.
• Commissioner Gary Bettman revealing he was the inspiration behind Destiny Child’s “Bootylicious.”
• The Metropolitan Division is renamed the Non-Rural City Boy Division.
• The first ever street hockey game on San Francisco’s famed Lombard Street called after 11 minutes due to all the street hockey balls rolling down the hill.
• Buffalo News hockey writer Mike Harrington setting a record for most tweets in a NHL All-Star game – 173.
• Game delayed for 19 minutes while officials searched for puck in Brent Burns’ beard.
• Commissioner Bettman announcing the Stanley Cup is now dishwasher safe.
• Brian Duff’s Bird Box Challenge while dining in a San Francisco sushi restaurant ending abruptly after eating three wine corks and a peppermill.
• NBC’s play-by-play man, “Doc” Emrick, going longer than three minutes without saying “richochet.”
• Commissioner Bettman giving NHL players the okay to participate in the 2020 Summer Olympics.
• NHL announcing next year’s All-Star game will retain the 3-on-3 format but while a Zamboni circles the ice.