By Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
With the football season over, many Buffalonians take to the outdoors for their sports excitement. Sports comedian Jeff Wozer knows ice fishing in the Small Boat Harbor is a common spot for rugged WNYers to relax. Here’s some of the top things overheard while sitting on ice and waiting to catch fish.
- “I haven’t been this cold since sitting in the Key Bank Center.”
- “The perch are rejecting this jigging spoon like Josh McDaniel’s rejected the Colts.”
- “Not even the fish like Buffalo Wild Wings.”
- “This stolen Bills’ medical examination tent makes for a great ice fishing shelter.”
- “I ate so much during the Super Bowl I could play goal for the Buffalo Bandits.”
- “I’ve caught more perch than the Sabres have wins.”
- “There are 3 givens in life: death, taxes and anyone with access to a computer must post an NFL mock draft. “
- “This Subway meatball sub cost more than a Stub Hub Sabres ticket.”
- “You sure Canalside won’t notice two of its ice bikes missing?”
- “My hands are colder than a Jerry Sullivan article.”
They may or may not be related, but read Jeff’s take on Rick Jeanneret’s top pet peeves.