by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
The Sabres are set to start training camp in a few weeks. One big offseason situation has not been addressed: A new contract for restricted free agent Sam Reinhart.
Sports humorist Jeff Wozer has discovered some of the reasons why the negotiations have stalled.
• Tuesday night games conflict with his Transit Lanes bowling league.
• Terry and Kim Pegula too distracted with securing a minor league affiliate for the Buffalo Beauts – the Rochester Cutes.
• After every home game Reinhart tired of having “Sabre Dance” stuck in his head.
• Sabres won’t budge on signing bonus offer of a $50 Applebee’s gift card.
• Reinhart keeps sabotaging negotiations by asking himself, “What would Dez Bryant do?”
• For the team’s next parents trip Sabres won’t allow him to instead take his imaginary friend Larry.
• Reinhart angry Canalside is building a Children’s Museum rather than a Hooters.
• The Sabres $30-million incentive offer if he wins the Vezina Trophy.
• Reinhart can’t get his attorney, Michael Cohen, to return his calls.
• Reinhart miffed that Bud Bailey never considered him in his “Buffalo Sports by the Numbers” piece for jersey #23.
Jeff has also uncovered why Jeff Skinner waived his no trade clause to come to Buffalo.