by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
The new Sabres season begins in a little over a week. There is a lot of excitement from hockey fans, thanks to all the new additions. But sports humorist Jeff Wozer has discovered that the Sabres marketing team, when looking for a new slogan for the season, did miss the net on a few ideas.
• Come watch millionaires dressed in padded shorts.
• More Swedes than an Ikea board meeting.
• If the game sucks you can always visit Shark Girl.
• We’re hotter than Rob Ryan at a July 4th picnic dressed in corduroy.
• Unlike the Bills, our head coach has hair.
• Our beer vendors don’t check IDs.
• S.A.B.R.E.S.: See A Billionaire’s Really Expensive Splurge.
• Our organist learned a new song.
• No Russ Brandon.
• KeyBank Center – colder than an Alaskan igloo’s toilet seat.