by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
With the playoffs looking very unlikely, the offseason will start soon for the Sabres players. If any of them are looking to be more romantic, sports humorist Jeff Wozer has come up with the top Sabres pick-up lines.
• I’m marrying material. Yesterday after practice I caught Zach Bogosian’s hockey garter belt.
• Come April you’ll have my full attention.
• The fact my wayward shot struck your kid in the throat is a sign we were meant together.
• Can I buy you a drink after autographing 4,000 pucks?
• I’m so sorry from watching me play you have the Cellino & Barnes jingle lodged in your brain.
• If all three of you leave with me our fellow bar patrons will toss hats on the floor.
• Sorry. I don’t know what made me say, “Want to go upstairs where momma hides the cookies?”
• Being named a Moe’s Hot Player has nothing to do with hockey.
• Do you come to the Veins Treatment Center often?
• If I were Tim Murray I’d trade everything away to be with you.