by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page
Bills General Manager Brandon Beane was busy, signing seven new players at the start of free agency. While some like Mitch Morse got big money contracts, others were bargain purchases. Just signs that Beane is being fiscally judicious.
• Told newly signed free agents they have to provide their own jerseys.
• Won thousands by betting the over on how many players would back out on Jets contracts.
• Canceled his magazine subscription with “Better Stadiums and Gardens.”
• Shopped local flea markets for new stadium goalposts.
• Used cannoli from Paula’s cannoli-filled doughnuts as white-out on Antonio Brown’s contract.
• Took advantage of league’s sign-eight-players-or-more special offer to receive a free NFL logo blanket.
• Shopped generic by signing guard Jon Feliciano.
• Didn’t break budget thanks to using money originally earmarked for this spring’s expected Parties on the Plazas.
• Snacked on carrots he stole from neighborhood snowmen.
• Fired entire scouting department and instead relied upon free advice from Jay Skurski’s Bills Mailbag.