by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
Sunday, the New England Patriots visit the Kansas City Chiefs in the AFC Championship game. Bills fans always feel like New England gets some extra help from the officials. Raiders fans might agree. Now, sports humorist Jeff Wozer has uncovered the top signs that the NFL officials do in fact favor the Patriots.
• Tom Brady is the only player in the league allowed to wear a helmet with air bags.
• League allows Bill Belichick to pocket extra cash running a Sideline Injury Tent Air BNB.
• Instead of being tested for drugs Patriot players are randomly tested for parallel parking.
• Patriot coaches are the only coaches in the league invited to the NFL officials annual car key party.
• Instead of tossing a challenge flag Belichick is the only coach who can call for a replay using a cartoon slide whistle.
• Brady is the only player who can refer to Walt Coleman, the infamous Tuck Game official, as the “Tuckster.”
• League says nothing at Brady’s refusal to recognize Chunky as the NFL’s official soup.
• In addition to the two-minute warning Patriots are the only team given a 7-minute 31 seconds warning.
• Belichick gets final say on Maroon 5’s Super Bowl set list.
• After losing a replay challenge Belichick gets the option of losing a timeout or coaching for five minutes with offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels on his shoulders.