by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
It’s not likely to happen this March, but someday the Sabres will be playing meaningful games in March. Sports humorist Jeff Wozer gives us the signs that a playoff run is happening.
• The Pegulas extended zamboni’s collision insurance through May.
• Jack Eichel contacted Ryan O’Reilly for beard growing tips.
• KeyBank Center organist is holding off on booking April wedding entertainment gigs.
• Wolf Blitzer has yet to tweet, “WTF Sabres?”
• Brian Duff notified Fantasy Island he may be late this spring reporting to his Tilt-a-Whirl operator job.
• For the first time since 2011 March TV ratings for Sabres games are higher than Wheel of Fortune’s.
• The Veins Treatment Center guy hired extra staff to handle rush of patients taking advantage of his reconfigure-spider veins-to-resemble-Sabres-logo special.
• Limited fan grumbling that MSG stands for “Miserable Sabres Games.”
• Unlike previous seasons Zamboni drivers aren’t going through the motions by resurfacing ice with mop water.
• Tuxedo Junction assured Doug Allen it won’t charge him a late return fee if the Sabres make the playoffs.