by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
All indications are that the Sabres will use the first overall pick in the NHL Draft to select Swedish defenseman Rasmus Dahlin. The team isn’t confirming that. But sports humorist Jeff Wozer has found indications that the team is working hard to make Dahlin feel at home in Buffalo.
• Swedish meatballs designated as the team’s official Orb-Shaped Meat Product
• New company name: Pegula Sven-ertainment
• Pegula’s looking into buying Fort Erie and renaming it Fort Ikea
• New promo: Blonde Hair and Blue Eye Fan Appreciation Night
• After the Canadian and American national anthems Doug Allen will conclude with a spirited cover of Abba’s Dancing Queen
• New team dress code: suit jackets, ties and Bjorn Borg headbands
• Terry Pegula has changed his online security question to: “The name of your first Swedish number one overall draft pick”
• Herring Logs designated as the team’s official Temperate- Water Fish Snack That No One Will Order Ever
• Kim Pegula pressuring Sweet Home school officials to change name to Swede Home
Jeff always has an interesting take on Buffalo sports. Read his thoughts on Bisons mascot Celery & what was overheard in the War Room during the Bills Draft.