by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
Derek Anderson will start at quarterback for the Bills on Monday Night vs. New England. It’s just a few weeks removed from him being home with his kids and on vacation. So a few parts of being back on an NFL team have been a surprise to Anderson, and that’s prompted some odd requests of the Bills coaching staff. Sports humorist Jeff Wozer unconvered the top things that coaches don’t want to hear from their new quarterback.
- Do you mind if I wear pajamas under my uniform?
- Instead of game films can we watch “Doctor Oz”?
- How come no one is wearing flags around their hips?
- Since when don’t defensive players have to count to three-Mississippi before rushing?
- Do you mind if I leave after halftime to beat the traffic?
- To notify teammates I’m calling an audible can I use the word pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis?
- During games can I wear the red non-contact jersey?
- I’m not playing unless Anderson’s gives me a discount on my next frozen custard.
- During halftime can I stay on the field to watch the marching band?
- Sorry I’m late but my flight got delayed while returning from partying with Chad Kelly.
Jeff has also uncovered a list of other items as unlikely as Anderson being the Bills starting QB.