by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
With word this week of the Supreme Court’s ruling on sports gambling, it may be lot easier for a lot more people to place a bet on sports. Sports humorist Jeff Wozer is helping out, with his top signs that someone may have a sports gambling problem.
• Nervously paces living room floor while watching curling.
• Under investigation for attempting to rig a Buff State Ultimate Frisbee game.
• Asks 716 bartender to switch TV to Pac-12 chess.
• Punches hole in wall upon learning the Maryvale Middle School’s kickball game is off the board.
• Knows to bet the over on how many times in a broadcast NBC hockey announcer, Doc Emrick, will say “ricochets.”
• During intimate moment mistakenly refers to spouse as “my little Draft King.”
• Overheard on phone, “Double down on the Hutch Tech shot putter.”
• At daughter’s middle school soccer game only parent heard yelling, “C’mon, daddy needs a new car!”
• For a Western New Yorker, seems to know too much about the British Columbia Junior Hockey League’s Chilliwack Chiefs.
• Overheard asking Pottery Barn salesclerk, “What would you suggest for a bookie who has everything?”