by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
The UB Bulls are in the NCAA Tournament. They play Friday in Tulsa, Oklahoma against Wednesday’s winner of the Arizona State/St. Johns game. But being this far away from home, in a new city, has Bulls Head Coach Nate Oats complaining a bit, according to sports humorist Jeff Wozer.
• ESPN’s overkill of college basketball coverage has even him sick of college basketball.
• Tulsa Gatorade contains 10% ethanol.
• Visiting UB alum Judge Jeanine Pirro is all hands.
• Tulsa grocery store clerks don’t look the other way when he snacks out of bulk bins.
• Non-stop phone calls from actress Lori Loughlin offering $500,000 if he claims her daughters play on the men’s basketball team.
• Every day spent outside of Buffalo diminishes his chances of winning the grand prize in Tops Friendly Market’s Monopoly game.
• Tough to recruit without the sway of Timbits.
• You try hitting a three-pointer with Rodgers & Hammerstein’s “Oh What a Beautiful Morning” stuck in your head.
• Unlike in Buffalo his status as the team’s head coach carries no sway in getting restaurants to waive their no-shirt-no-service policies.