by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
Voice of the Bills & co-host of One Bills Live John Murphy is one of the most respected broadcasters in Buffalo. But as he works through this sometimes frustrating football season, there are a few things that get under his skin. Buffalo Sports Page humorist Jeff Wozer has discovered his biggest pet peeves.
• Steve Tasker always enters One Bills Drive studio reeking of new-car smell.
• When interviewing NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell he says, “Please, no questions about football.”
• Loud marching band music makes it hard to nap at halftime.
• People who think he only got the job because he’s Calvin Murphy’s son.
• Sounds contrived when he says, “He punts it top shelf where momma hides the cookies.”
• Coming home after home games and always finding the Pegulas in his hot tub.
• Always having to hurry off air to work his second job as Sabretooth.
• Fans approaching him in the grocery store asking, “Aren’t you Don Postles?”
• Watching Sean McDermott always mistaking the challenge flag for a hanky.
• Steve Tasker never coming through on his promise to get him on the West Herr softball team.