by Jeff Wozer, Buffalo Sports Page Humorist
The Ryder Cup starts Friday in France. The American team, led by captain Jim Furyk, is looking to defend the Cup. But in France, there could be some distractions. Sports humorist Jeff Wozer is worried the American team might not be focused.
- Players up all night trying to find the perfect wine pairing with chocolate chip Clif Bars.
- No one catches the faux paus of wearing white golf slacks after Labor Day.
- Captain Jim Furyk wears a fairway divot as a hair piece.
- Rickie Fowler has tube socks for club head covers.
- After nine holes Mickelson has yet to chase after an errant putt.
- Tiger Woods keeps replacing divots with pocket lint.
- After injuring a fan with an errant shot instead of an autographed glove Phil Mickelson hands her his half-eaten croissant.
- Dustin Johnson and Bubba Watson are asked to leave for sharing the same golf bag.
- After visiting Jim Morrison’s gravestone Jordan Spieth arrives at course dressed in leather pants & Concho belt and declares himself the Lizard King of Golf.
- Bryson DeChambeau believes the translation of his name is Butch.
- Lone team bonding exercise: opening bottles of Beajolais with golf tees.